NEW DELHI: The otherwise opaque Chinese system is quite open about its space ambitions, about the bits it wants the world to know rather. Its space programme comes under the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), therefore having a strong military element as well, says Ajey Lele, consultant with Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA). Homegrown innovation and a strong support from the diaspora (many of them working with space organisations abroad) have helped, he told StratNews Global Editor Surya Gangadharan on ‘The Gist’. Tune in to know more about China’s space programme and where it’s headed.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”