BODH GAYA: The Chinese display of aggression along the LAC in the Ladakh region is ironically channelled through the occupied territory of Tibet! Following the brutal suppression of the Tibetan uprising by China in 1959, Tibetan spiritual leader His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been in India, a constant source of irritation for China that has even sought to determine his successor! The Tibetans will never accept that, he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in an exclusive interview recorded in Bodh Gaya in January this year. He also spoke about the future of Tibet, the tussle over reincarnation and what happened when he met Mao Zedong in the 1950s (he almost became a Communist!). Republishing the interview.
Nitin A. Gokhale
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- ‘Armed Conflict Across Taiwan Strait Inevitable; The Only Question Is When’
- Afghan Partners Call for Ceasefire, Expedited Peace Effort
- Corporations Throw Off ‘Brand Trump’ As Presidency Comes To An End
- Friendship Treaty Needs Tweaking, Says Nepalese Foreign Minister
- Wings For Make In India In Defence, More In Store