BODH GAYA: The Chinese display of aggression along the LAC in the Ladakh region is ironically channelled through the occupied territory of Tibet! Following the brutal suppression of the Tibetan uprising by China in 1959, Tibetan spiritual leader His Holiness the Dalai Lama has been in India, a constant source of irritation for China that has even sought to determine his successor! The Tibetans will never accept that, he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in an exclusive interview recorded in Bodh Gaya in January this year. He also spoke about the future of Tibet, the tussle over reincarnation and what happened when he met Mao Zedong in the 1950s (he almost became a Communist!). Republishing the interview.
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- Competitive Populism Is Threatening The Fiscal Fabric Of India
- How China Wishes To Stand Tall Against The U.S. Navy
- ‘China’s Infra In Tibet Is Impressive But India Has Not Been Idle’
- ‘Little Is Known About Yuan Wang’s Capabilities But The Worst Is Suspected’
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad Is Iran’s Latest ‘Go To’ Force In A Volatile Region
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff