NEW DELHI: On ‘Talking Point‘, Dali L. Yang, William Claude Reavis Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Chicago and author of several books including, ‘China and Youth Well-being in China’ and Yaqiu Wang, China Researcher at Human Rights Watch and China Commentator & Columnist discuss how declining birthrates and an aging population have pushed the Chinese government to introduce a three-child policy. In conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi, the panellists analyse how even the two-child policy in 2016 failed to produce a baby boom, the adverse effects of coercive population policy, the double standards of forced sterilisation of Uyghur and other minorities in Xinjiang and the implications for China’s economy, society and the world.
October 2, 2023
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border
- ‘Xi Jinping Has Integrated The Party With The State’
- The China-U.S. New Cold War & Multipolarity: The Shifting Balance Of Power