Zoom is doom! Therefore, India’s Cyber Coordination Centre of the Union Home Ministry has warned that the internet platform must not be used for official purposes. Zoom is based in San Jose, California but research by Citizen Lab of the University of Toronto turned up something disquieting. It said Zoom “appears to own three companies in China through which at least 700 employees are paid to develop Zoom’s software. This arrangement may make Zoom responsive to pressure from Chinese authorities.” Zoom has a large R&D wing in China. The company recently admitted it had routed user data through China “by mistake”. India isn’t buying that, convinced that Zoom could be used by China to infiltrate and eavesdrop on sensitive communication in this country.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’