NEW DELHI: After outrage in several quarters over its denial last week to export raw materials for manufacturing Covid vaccines outside, the United States changed tack during the weekend after some other countries such as China offered to help India in whichever way they could. Then, one top leader after the other—from the U.S. NSA to President Biden—tweeted their solidarity with India with alacrity. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale and former Indian foreign secretary Nirupama Menon, who was also ambassador to China and the United States, discuss the various facets of India-U.S. ties.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story