NEW DELHI: The heightened Chinese belligerence against Taiwan has raised questions about timing. A confluence of events has made the CCP think this is the right time to threaten Taiwan into obedience, says Captain James E. Fanell (Retd), former Director of Intelligence and Information Operations for the U.S. Pacific Fleet. China tried to do it by non-kinetic pressure, diplomatic pressure, economic pressure and information warfare but it is now starting to really emphasise military capabilities of the PLA, Captain Fanell (Retd), who’s now a fellow at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy in Switzerland, told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale on ‘The Gist’. As for U.S. response, he feels Joe Biden can take a leaf out of Ronald Reagan or even Donald Trump: make bold statements and back it up with action. Tune in for more.
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border