NEW DELHI: The heightened Chinese belligerence against Taiwan has raised questions about timing. A confluence of events has made the CCP think this is the right time to threaten Taiwan into obedience, says Captain James E. Fanell (Retd), former Director of Intelligence and Information Operations for the U.S. Pacific Fleet. China tried to do it by non-kinetic pressure, diplomatic pressure, economic pressure and information warfare but it is now starting to really emphasise military capabilities of the PLA, Captain Fanell (Retd), who’s now a fellow at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy in Switzerland, told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale on ‘The Gist’. As for U.S. response, he feels Joe Biden can take a leaf out of Ronald Reagan or even Donald Trump: make bold statements and back it up with action. Tune in for more.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff