NEW DELHI: For a company that’s a supplier to OEMs across the globe, Bharat Forge has been hit hard by the Coronavirus but the company’s boss Baba Kalyani sees an opportunity in the pandemic, echoing Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for a self-reliant India. This, coupled with the defence reforms, should be the way forward, according to him. There’s an able team at the MoD and it should ensure quick implementation of the policy changes, he hopes. And while ‘Make in india’ is the mantra, the government should put in place due systems to safeguard knowledge property, he told BharatShakti.in Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale. On indigenization, Kalyani says if it can happen in the U.S. defence industry 1in the 1970s, there’s no reason it cannot be replicated here in India now. My personal dream is to make a jet engine for the Indian Air Force, he reveals, adding that his company cannot do it alone but a consortium of 5-7 Indian companies (both public and private sector) in a mission mode can.
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- The Launch Of ONDC Will Revolutionise Open E-Commerce, Making It More Inclusive And Accessible
- After Abe As Japan’s ‘Compass’: India, Indo-Pacific, Quad & China
- ‘Not Hard-pressed As Of Now By Ukraine War, Have Adequate Stocks Of Spares’
- Sri Lanka: Northern Families Forced To Give Up Children To Foster Care
- ‘Different Systems Make Up The Indo-Pacific; Accept That Reality’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff