NEW DELHI: On ‘Talking Point’, Ambassador Vivek Katju, India’s Former Envoy to Afghanistan and Dr Torek Farhadi, Former Advisor to President Ashraf Ghani and Ex-President Hamid Karzai discuss what U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khailzad describes as “a significant milestone: A three-page agreement codifing rules and procedures for negotiations (between the Islamic Republic and Taliban teams) on a political roadmap and a comprehensive ceasefire. In conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi, the panellists also lend their vast experience to deliberate the difficult road ahead and several millstones that hang around long-suffering Afghan necks in their desire for a peaceful life.
- Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Indo-Pacific, Defence And Trade In India-U.S. Ties
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief