A UN expert has warned of “mass deaths from starvation, disease and exposure” in eastern Myanmar’s Kayah state after attacks by the army. Tom Andrews, UN Special Rapporteur for Myanmar, said tens of thousands had fled their homes in the wake of the army’s crackdown. The army has used artillery and air strike to target suspected rebel bases but innocents are dying. The army is also reported to be stopping any aid from reaching these areas.
- ‘Uncertain Road Ahead For Sudan’s New Rulers’
- ‘China’s Influence in South Asia; Vulnerabilities and Resilience in Four Countries’: Carnegie Study
- Sri Lanka, Maldives Cite Major Threats In Region, Laud India’s Response
- ‘The New Border Law May Not Impact India And Bhutan Now …’
- Using Soft Power To Revitalise Bilateral Ties