Scientists have warned that Britain could be entering into a third wave and the “Indian variant” may be the problem. Professor Ravi Gupta, from the University of Cambridge, said although new cases were “relatively low” the Indian variant had fuelled “exponential growth” and had indicated that the ending of Covid restrictions on June 21 should be postponed. The UK has announced zero daily Covid deaths within 28 days of a positive test for the first time since March 2020 and business leaders are pushing the government to let them operate fully. Kate Nicholls, chief executive of UK Hospitality, says it will be “devastating” for the sector if they are not able to fully reopen in June. She said some businesses were “haemorrhaging cash” and a delay would “push them closer to the cliff edge of business failure.”
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff