A staggering 330,000 children, 80 per cent of them male, were sexually abused by priests and other clerical workers of the French Catholic Church over a 70-year period, says a report. It said of the 3000 child abusers, two-thirds were priests. The report by an independent commission took over two years to prepare with investigators going through thousands of documents, archives and other records. The church preferred to cover up or was indifferent to the crimes, the head of the commission said.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff