With the latest census showing a dramatic decline in population, China has announced that couples can have up to three children, a major policy shift from the existing two-child policy. No less than President Xi Jinping, reports said, approved the policy at a politburo meeting. The census showed that the fertility rate for women is 1.3 per cent, which is on a par with ageing societies like Japan and Italy.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast