With the latest census showing a dramatic decline in population, China has announced that couples can have up to three children, a major policy shift from the existing two-child policy. No less than President Xi Jinping, reports said, approved the policy at a politburo meeting. The census showed that the fertility rate for women is 1.3 per cent, which is on a par with ageing societies like Japan and Italy.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’