In China’s continuing crackdown on domestic internet behemoths, ByteDance, TikTok’s parent and one of the world’s largest private internet firms, has sold a 1 per cent stake to a government affiliate. The stake is shared by three government entities including the China Media Group, which is the propaganda arm of the Communist party. A government appointed director is also expected to join the company board.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff