Post the virtual summit between the prime ministers, the UK has accelerated preparations for free trade deal with India. Negotiations for the India-UK Enhanced Trade Partnership are scheduled to start in autumn and prior to that there will be a 14-week consultation to seek views from the public and businesses about their experiences and priorities when doing business with India. London is expected to push hard for India to lift the 150% duty on whisky and 125% duty on British-made cars and make it easier for British services companies to operate there. Current bilateral trade is around $33 billion.
June 30, 2022
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- “India Natural Leader Of The Indo-Pacific Region. Australia Excited By Defence Industries Here”
- India Needs Strong Maritime Security System, Says NSA Doval
- ‘Controversy Over Nepal Army Underscores Deeper Political Undercurrents’
- “‘Technical’ Mission Logical Step; Visas, Consular Services, Channels To Opposition Key To Strategy”
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff