Post the virtual summit between the prime ministers, the UK has accelerated preparations for free trade deal with India. Negotiations for the India-UK Enhanced Trade Partnership are scheduled to start in autumn and prior to that there will be a 14-week consultation to seek views from the public and businesses about their experiences and priorities when doing business with India. London is expected to push hard for India to lift the 150% duty on whisky and 125% duty on British-made cars and make it easier for British services companies to operate there. Current bilateral trade is around $33 billion.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story