In a bid to curb the rising number of Covid infections of the Delta variant, Australia has limited those arriving from overseas to 6000 a week, and all will be required to quarantine for two weeks. That could upset 34,000 Australians living overseas who want to return home. With Sydney and Brisbane under lockdown, and less than 8 per cent of adults fully vaccinated, Prime Minister Scott Morrison has promised that the vaccination programme will now be driven on scientific principles and not by politicians.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives