Pakistan on Friday marked the 23rd anniversary of its nuclear tests in May 1998, with the army claiming that it had established “credible minimum nuclear deterrence”. Statements were issued by both the army and the foreign office. The day, named Yaum-e-Takbeer, was also marked by the formal inauguration of an 1100 megawatt nuclear power plant in Karachi built with China’s assistance.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives