New Delhi: India has abstained as the resolution against Sri Lanka has been adopted at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva with 22 votes for, 11 against (including China, Pakistan, Russia, Philippines) and 14 abstentions. On ‘The Gist’, Ambassador Dilip Sinha, India’s Former Envoy to the UN in Geneva and Jamila Husain, Deputy Editor of the Daily Mirror in Colombo discuss the reasons for the vote, the run-up, international lobbying and India-Sri Lanka ties with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast