New Delhi: India has abstained as the resolution against Sri Lanka has been adopted at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva with 22 votes for, 11 against (including China, Pakistan, Russia, Philippines) and 14 abstentions. On ‘The Gist’, Ambassador Dilip Sinha, India’s Former Envoy to the UN in Geneva and Jamila Husain, Deputy Editor of the Daily Mirror in Colombo discuss the reasons for the vote, the run-up, international lobbying and India-Sri Lanka ties with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- Myanmar Junta Marks UN’s Call For Arms Trade Halt With Shopping Trip
- ‘The World Does Not See India As Indispensable To Its Interests’
- India’s Presence In Afghanistan Larger Than It Ought To Be: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister
- Lead-Up To The 1971 War & Creation Of Bangladesh
- A Guide To Contemporary China