New Delhi: India has abstained as the resolution against Sri Lanka has been adopted at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva with 22 votes for, 11 against (including China, Pakistan, Russia, Philippines) and 14 abstentions. On ‘The Gist’, Ambassador Dilip Sinha, India’s Former Envoy to the UN in Geneva and Jamila Husain, Deputy Editor of the Daily Mirror in Colombo discuss the reasons for the vote, the run-up, international lobbying and India-Sri Lanka ties with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border