NEW DELHI: On ‘The Gist‘, Jamila Husain, Deputy Editor of the Daily Mirror in Sri Lanka in conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi. Less than a week after Basil Rajapaksa, younger brother of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as the finance minister, India’s High Commissioner Gopal Baglay called on the latest Rajapaksa family member to become a minister and handed over a letter from his counterpart, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. On The Gist, Jamila Husain discusses the Rajapaksa ‘dynasty’, what it means for internal and external policy and for India and China and economic development and debt during the pandemic in the island nation.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way