DHAKA: Beginning tomorrow Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarks on a two-day visit to Bangladesh, his first trip abroad since the pandemic struck. PM Modi’s visit comes at a time Bangladesh is celebrating the birth centenary year of its founder ‘Bangabandhu’ Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and 50 years of the liberation war. StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale reports from Dhaka on how Bangabandhu’s inspirational legacy lingers on and the importance India attaches to its ties with Bangladesh.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives