NEW DELHI: Amidst speculation that Islamabad and Washington are in talks to allow U.S. bases in Pakistan to facilitate counter-terrorism operations in Afghanistan once foreign troops withdraw, the Taliban has warned Afghanistan’s neighbours to not allow what it calls a ‘historic mistake’. Pakistani foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has told parliament his government would never allow any such move. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale and Lt Gen RK Sawhney (Retd), Former DG, Military Intelligence, discuss the flux Afghanistan is in and whether the Taliban is having a free run.
- ‘Little Is Known About Yuan Wang’s Capabilities But The Worst Is Suspected’
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad Is Iran’s Latest ‘Go To’ Force In A Volatile Region
- ‘Pakistan Presents Tough Choices But India Must Take The Lead For Better Relations’
- ‘Complete India Projects On Time To Manage Public Perception In Maldives’
- ‘Onus On Politicians If Disillusioned Maldives’ Youth Take To Radicalisation’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff