NEW DELHI: Amidst speculation that Islamabad and Washington are in talks to allow U.S. bases in Pakistan to facilitate counter-terrorism operations in Afghanistan once foreign troops withdraw, the Taliban has warned Afghanistan’s neighbours to not allow what it calls a ‘historic mistake’. Pakistani foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has told parliament his government would never allow any such move. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale and Lt Gen RK Sawhney (Retd), Former DG, Military Intelligence, discuss the flux Afghanistan is in and whether the Taliban is having a free run.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast