A report made public on the order of Punjab Information Commission in Pakistan has thrown up shocking statistics regarding safety of women, the lack of it rather. In the last six months of last year, 2,439 women were raped, 9,529 kidnapped while 90 were killed in the name of so-called honour in the province. According to the report released by the police, 22,030 women were tortured. The report further divulged that during the above-mentioned period, 897 children were sexually abused while 204 cases of child labour and 12 cases of underage marriage were registered. According to documents, most cases of torture against women reported in Punjab province were in Lahore (4,978 cases). While 2,330 women were kidnapped there, 396 were raped.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff