Sri Lanka will host roadshows in India towards the end of this month to promote the island nation as an attractive tourist destination. Each roadshow will include B2B sessions facilitating discussions, followed by an evening networking event that will also help improve business partnerships. Over 50 Sri Lankan travel agencies and hotels will be participating at these events to be held in New Delhi (Sept 26), Mumbai (Sept 28) and Hyderabad (Sept 30). The events will highlight the message that Sri Lanka is open for leisure, business, and MICE (Meetings, Incentive, Conventions, and Exhibitions) tourism. The target audience will be tour operators, media, key influencers, corporates, trade associations and tourism industry stakeholders in India, reports ‘The Morning’. The Sri Lankan delegation will be led by Minister of Tourism Harin Fernando, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau Chairman Chalaka Gajabahu and Sri Lanka Conventions Bureau Chairman Thisum Jayasuriya. Adding to the glamour quotient will be celebrities such as former cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya and singing sensation Yohani De Silva. Over 80,000 Indian tourists (the highest from any country) have visited Sri Lanka so far this year and there’s hope that the number would be doubled by the year-end.
December 6, 2022
December 6, 2022
- Security Czars Of India, Central Asian Countries Talk Terrorism, Connectivity
- India Calls Out European Double Standards Again As West’s Russia Oil Price Cap Kicks In
- The Fallout Of The G7’s Price Cap On Russian Oil
- ‘Iran Disbands Morality Police But Is There More To The Hijab Protests’
- A Happy Coincidence
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”