A 10-member delegation led by Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif held a series of meetings with party supremo Nawaz Sharif in London earlier this week to discuss ways to deal with political, economic and constitutional crises facing the country. PML-N leaders won’t say what decisions were taken at those meetings. Whatever was decided will be put before our allies and stakeholders and hopefully by Monday the final decisions would be taken with everyone’s consent, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said. He accused the earlier government led by Imran Khan of corruption, saying the people of Pakistan are now paying a heavy price for that. Asif dismissed the impression that the government was under pressure. If there is any pressure, it can be from the people of Pakistan. They have the right. They are the ultimate rulers according to the Constitution and law,” he said.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff