Claiming that the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) has received “good response” from the people during its “Ekwa Negitimu” (Let’s Rise Together) rallies, former PM Mahinda Rajapaksa said that the SLPP will not only rise again but also formulate programmes to rebuild the country. Addressing the third rally in the series, Rajapaksa said: “You all know that although some parties level various allegations, we have never made wrong decisions for this country and we will never take such decisions.” When Covid-19 struck, the government gave priority to saving people’s lives by importing vaccines; the economic challenges that followed the pandemic still remain but some parties are misusing people’s reaction to such challenges for their own purposes, he added. “Some are trying to incite the people but when they are asked to take responsibility for the country, they say ‘no’. Our system is to build the country from where it fell and not to place it back there. It is easy to set a fire but it is hard to put it out.” Rajapaksa claimed the SLPP is still capable of solving the problems and rebuilding the country and is ready for elections anytime.
December 6, 2022
December 6, 2022
- Security Czars Of India, Central Asian Countries Talk Terrorism, Connectivity
- India Calls Out European Double Standards Again As West’s Russia Oil Price Cap Kicks In
- The Fallout Of The G7’s Price Cap On Russian Oil
- ‘Iran Disbands Morality Police But Is There More To The Hijab Protests’
- A Happy Coincidence
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”