Dhaka has turned out to be the most expensive city in South Asia for foreign citizens and 98th expensive globally in a survey carried out by U.S.-based research firm Mercer. No other South Asian city has ranked in the Top-100 in the Mercer Cost of Living Survey 2022. The survey ranked 227 cities on the basis of comparative costs of more than 200 goods and services, including housing, transportation, food, clothing, household goods and entertainment. Last year, Dhaka was the 40th costliest city, reports ‘Prothom Alo’. As per the survey, Hong Kong is the costliest city for foreigners followed by Zurich and Geneva. Beijing is at No. 10. Mumbai is 127th on the list, New Delhi 155th, Chennai 177th and Bengaluru 178th. Colombo ranked 183rd while Hyderabad ranked 192nd, Pune 201st and Kolkata 203rd. Bangkok occupied the 106th spot, Islamabad 224th and Ankara was at the bottom of the pile.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way