Bangladeshi Finance minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has said his country will pursue alternative channels like currency swap to overcome problems in trading with Russia, which has been hit by Western sanctions following its invasion of Ukraine. “We don’t think the war will be long. If so, we will then think of alternative arrangements”, ‘Prothom Alo’ quoted the minister as telling reporters after meetings of cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA) and cabinet committee on public purchase (CCPP) on Thursday. The CCPP has approved 12 procurement proposals, including the import of 30,000 tons of MOP fertiliser from Russia. “If we are not able to pay to Russia due to the SWIFT embargo, we have to take alternative measures through currency swap”.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff