Beijing has arrested 1.43 million people in a three-month security campaign ahead of the 20th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), scheduled later this month. However, not all those arrested in the 100-day operation that began on June 25 are criminals. The Ministry of Public Security has claimed that the campaign was a success. Many so-called suspects are ordinary Chinese citizens, such as dissidents, activists, petitioners, etc. The regime claims the operation was the “hard fists” needed to protect vulnerable groups, such as women, minors, the elderly, and the disabled.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”