The Indian Space Research Organization took onto its outreach team to unveil the first-ever public release of the Indian Space Policy. It is the first ever for the very reason that in the past sixty years, the Indian government had never articulated and publicised its policy for outer space in one single document. Today with scores of stakeholders multiplying outside the realms of the government, it has become indispensable to coherently put out what the Indian government has mandated itself with when it comes to enhancing the nation’s footprint in outer space. As we at Interstellar had written, this may be the first but not the last policy iteration. I believe that every few years, a new, advanced and relevant version of the space policy will be on the minds of the coming Indian governments. For now, the day’s biggest news is the Indian Space Policy 2023.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis