NEW DELHI: This month 23 years ago, India declared victory over Pakistan by regaining possession of all Indian posts in Kargil that had been occupied by troops and terrorists who has infiltrated from across the border. 26th of July is celebrated every year as Kargil Vijay Diwas to mark the culmination of the war that subsequently brought about a raft of reforms in India’s security architecture. In the second episode of ‘Ask Nitin’, Maj. Gen. SC Mohanty (Retd), who was then posted as Brigade Major in Drass, looks back at the challenges and restrictions that Indian troops faced, how those were overcome and victory was achieved at those high altitudes. He was in conversation with StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, during which both of them answered questions from viewers.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis