NEW DELHI: Nearly 45 years after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was assassinated when he was Bangladeshi Prime Minister, one of his convicted assassins, Abdul Majed, who had been given the death penalty but was on the run, was nabbed. He was arrested in Mirpur near Dhaka, according to Bangladeshi authorities. Majed fled Bangladesh in 1996 when Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina became Prime Minister for the first time in 1996. So how did he reach Bangladesh? StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the inside story.
- IAF Ready With Offensive Power In LadakhIn Top Story
- Indian Top Cop Gautam Sawang ‘Nurtured Me, Gave Me Courage’: UN Woman Police Officer Of The Year Zambia’s Doreen MalamboIn Africa
- Suu Kyi Expected To Win Myanmar Polls Despite Fading LustreIn Neighbours
- ‘A Biden Presidency Could Be Good For India But Expect Pressures, Criticisms’In USA
- In Big Win, India Back On UN Budgetary PanelIn Top Story