NEW DELHI: In the biggest push yet to ‘Make in India’ in the defence sector, the government has cleared a ₹48,000-crore deal to buy 83 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). It’s billed as a game changer for the domestic aerospace industry, including small enterprises. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale gives a lowdown on more indigenous Defence projects in the offing and how India’s quest for self-reliance in this crucial sector is poised.
- IP Waiver For Covid Vaccines A Long Shot As Too Many Issues Remain
- India Needs To Engage More With Immediate Neighbourhood: Shivshankar Menon
- India’s Diplomats ‘More Pro-Active’ Than Ours, Says Imran Khan
- India’s Hunt For Strategic Minerals: Explore Within, Look Beyond
- Indian Ocean: Pakistan’s ‘Merry-time’ Route For Narcotics Trafficking