NEW DELHI: The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is the only military force in the world, which it meant not to serve a nation or its people but a political party—the Communist Party of China. Once a behemoth, it’s on course to transform itself into a lean and mean force, acquiring modern technological trends along the way. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks at the history of the force, how it has evolved over time and one of its biggest weaknesses vis-à-vis the Indian defence forces.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’