NEW DELHI: As U.S. troops pull out of Afghanistan, bringing an end to a 20-year war they initiated, it reminds one about a similar American misadventure in Southeast Asia more than four decades ago. In both instances, the world’s most powerful army was pitted against smaller adversaries, yet was handed down humiliating defeats. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks back at what remains the most embarrassing chapter in American military history—The Vietnam War.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess