NEW DELHI: As U.S. troops pull out of Afghanistan, bringing an end to a 20-year war they initiated, it reminds one about a similar American misadventure in Southeast Asia more than four decades ago. In both instances, the world’s most powerful army was pitted against smaller adversaries, yet was handed down humiliating defeats. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks back at what remains the most embarrassing chapter in American military history—The Vietnam War.
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast
- A Guide To Contemporary China