NEW DELHI: October 21 is observed as Police Commemoration Day when India pays tribute to policemen who have laid down their lives in the line of duty. Why’s the date significant? Its origin can be traced to 1959 when a CRPF patrol party was ambushed by Chinese troops in eastern Ladakh. Ten jawans lost their lives as the patrol was outnumbered and outgunned. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale goes back 61 years to illustrate how it all began.
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’
- Combating China, Broadening Backlash
- Khorasan Files: The Journey Of Indian ‘Islamic State’ Widows