NEW DELHI: Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa says he’s “happy and satisfied” with the results of the parliamentary elections in which people have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the Rajapaksas-led (elder brother and former President Mahinda Rajapaksa is now Prime Minister) Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna(SLPP) party. In Simply Nitin this week, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale deliberated upon the rise and rise of the Rajapaksa clan and their complete dominance of Sri Lanka politics, its past record and what its plans are for the country.
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- Central Asia Turning Point: Russia-Ukraine War, China Footprint, India Partnership, Afghanistan Flux
- ‘Indian Economy Very Resilient, Can Grow At 9% This Fiscal’
- Labour Victory In Australia Could See Re-balance In Favour Of China
- ‘Next 12 Months Will Be Very Turbulent For The World Economy’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff