NEW DELHI: The successful sea trial of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 adds a distinguished feather in the Make in India cap. When inducted into the Indian Navy in a year or so, it will be named after INS Vikrant, which was the country’s first aircraft carrier that was commissioned in 1961. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale traces the journey of India’s aircraft carriers and details some of the features of the latest one built by Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’