NEW DELHI: The successful sea trial of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 adds a distinguished feather in the Make in India cap. When inducted into the Indian Navy in a year or so, it will be named after INS Vikrant, which was the country’s first aircraft carrier that was commissioned in 1961. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale traces the journey of India’s aircraft carriers and details some of the features of the latest one built by Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”