NEW DELHI: Known for being the first responder in providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations in its immediate and extended neighbourhood, India now has extended that gesture to combating pandemics, in this case Covid-19. Elaborate measures have been put in place in India and the government has also lent a helping hand to neighbours like the Maldives and even Iran. PM Modi has also asked the SAARC leadership to come up with a strong strategy to combat the virus, a move that has got overwhelming response from many countries in the neighbourhood. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale outlines what India is doing to tackle the virus at home and beyond.
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess
- ‘No Election Can Alter The Realities Of POK’