NEW DELHI: India is yet to officially confirm it but Russia has begun delivery of S-400 air defence systems, as stated by a top Russian official, ahead of President Vladimir Putin’s visit to New Delhi next month. The United States isn’t too happy with India buying these high-end equipment from Russia but has not yet clearly spelt out whether it would impose punitive measures under Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA). In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale explains how the S-400 systems when deployed would add to India’s military arsenal.
- The Launch Of ONDC Will Revolutionise Open E-Commerce, Making It More Inclusive And Accessible
- After Abe As Japan’s ‘Compass’: India, Indo-Pacific, Quad & China
- ‘Not Hard-pressed As Of Now By Ukraine War, Have Adequate Stocks Of Spares’
- Sri Lanka: Northern Families Forced To Give Up Children To Foster Care
- ‘Different Systems Make Up The Indo-Pacific; Accept That Reality’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff