NEW DELHI: Nearly 45 years after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was assassinated when he was Bangladeshi Prime Minister, one of his convicted assassins, Abdul Majed, who had been given the death penalty but was on the run, was nabbed. He was arrested in Mirpur near Dhaka, according to Bangladeshi authorities. Majed fled Bangladesh in 1996 when Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina became Prime Minister for the first time in 1996. So how did he reach Bangladesh? StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the inside story.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”