NEW DELHI: Nearly 45 years after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was assassinated when he was Bangladeshi Prime Minister, one of his convicted assassins, Abdul Majed, who had been given the death penalty but was on the run, was nabbed. He was arrested in Mirpur near Dhaka, according to Bangladeshi authorities. Majed fled Bangladesh in 1996 when Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina became Prime Minister for the first time in 1996. So how did he reach Bangladesh? StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the inside story.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis