NEW DELHI: Nearly 45 years after Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was assassinated when he was Bangladeshi Prime Minister, one of his convicted assassins, Abdul Majed, who had been given the death penalty but was on the run, was nabbed. He was arrested in Mirpur near Dhaka, according to Bangladeshi authorities. Majed fled Bangladesh in 1996 when Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina became Prime Minister for the first time in 1996. So how did he reach Bangladesh? StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has the inside story.
September 24, 2021
September 23, 2021
- Modi Gets A Gentle Nudge on Human Rights But All’s Well
- Quad, AUKUS And Bilateral Complementarities In Countering China
- Modi’s U.S Visit: Afghanistan, Nuclear ‘Sub’-Text & A Lot More
- ‘U.S. Shouldn’t Turn A Blind Eye To Pak-backed Khalistanis, It Could Affect China Confrontation’
- ‘QUAD Rotors Are In Place, Time For Liftoff’