NEW DELHI: It’s still the world’s most populous nation but, according to China’s latest census, its birth rate is shrinking and so is the working population that contributes majorly to the economy. With a view to arresting this trend, the government has now allowed couples to have up to three children. Will that work? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks back at the country that strictly implemented the one-child policy for decades, then allowed two kids and has now relaxed the rules further.
- ‘AUKUS Confirms That India Stands Alone’
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim