NEW DELHI: It’s still the world’s most populous nation but, according to China’s latest census, its birth rate is shrinking and so is the working population that contributes majorly to the economy. With a view to arresting this trend, the government has now allowed couples to have up to three children. Will that work? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale looks back at the country that strictly implemented the one-child policy for decades, then allowed two kids and has now relaxed the rules further.
December 3, 2023
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis