NEW DELHI: It had never happened on the world’s highest battlefield till the Indian Army decided to do it 34 years ago. The recapture of the Quaid Post by a small group of determined soldiers led by then Naib Subedar Bana Singh is counted among the finest military successes on the Siachen Glacier. And in doing so, the man who led from the front was awarded India’s highest wartime gallantry award—the Param Vir Chakra. How did India go about Operation Rajiv and what were the challenges involved? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale details all that and more.
July 28, 2021
- Indo-Pacific Is A Top Priority, India Relations One Of The Most Consequential: U.S. Says
- U.S. To Stay Engaged In Afghanistan; Ties With India Vital: Blinken
- ‘Blinken’s Visit Underscores India’s Value For US Interests’
- Forcing Sri Lankan Government To Accept The Accord Was A Mistake : Says Former IPKF Chief
- India Should Look Within For Sri Lanka Mess