NEW DELHI: It had never happened on the world’s highest battlefield till the Indian Army decided to do it 34 years ago. The recapture of the Quaid Post by a small group of determined soldiers led by then Naib Subedar Bana Singh is counted among the finest military successes on the Siachen Glacier. And in doing so, the man who led from the front was awarded India’s highest wartime gallantry award—the Param Vir Chakra. How did India go about Operation Rajiv and what were the challenges involved? In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale details all that and more.
- Chinese Social Media Spews Venom As India-Made iPhones Go On Sale
- Trudeau’s Vote Bank Politics Exposes Gaping Foreign Policy Holes
- Missing Ministers, PLA Corruption Threaten To Spoil Xi Jinping’s Party
- IMEC A Copy of Belt and Road Initiative, Says China Social Media
- An Economic Corridor That Could Link India, Europe Better