NEW DELHI: For India, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands mean much more than just a union territory. The island chain’s location deep in the Bay of Bengal and close to the Malacca Strait gives India a tactical edge. It gives India the advantage of projecting its military might in the Indian Ocean Region and beyond. The Islands are home to India’s only tri-service command and also hold immense prospect for trade and tourism as StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who toured the area last week, explains in this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’.
- When The Military Swears Loyalty To A Party, Not The Country
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- Taliban Eid Tactical Ceasefire; ‘Advances Will Intensify While U.S. Exits By 9/11’
- ‘Fighting May Not Escalate, Jewish And Arab Attitudes Are Changing’
- 100 Days Since Myanmar’s Coup: Looming Economic Collapse, Poverty And Hunger