NEW DELHI: For India, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands mean much more than just a union territory. The island chain’s location deep in the Bay of Bengal and close to the Malacca Strait gives India a tactical edge. It gives India the advantage of projecting its military might in the Indian Ocean Region and beyond. The Islands are home to India’s only tri-service command and also hold immense prospect for trade and tourism as StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, who toured the area last week, explains in this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story