NEW DELHI: UK is observing a significant surge in the number of Illegal Indian immigrants who are landing on the UK borders via other European countries in small boats. Indians form the third-largest group of migrants, crossing the English Channel on small boats, according to the UK Home Office. In January, about 250 Indian migrants entered the UK through this route. That’s a bit more than those who arrived via small boats in the first nine months of last year. Indians now account for about a fifth of 1,180 migrants who attempted the dangerous route this year.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way