NEW DELHI: After a long, long wait, India has finally got its first Chief Of Defence Staff (CDS). On January 1, former Army Chief General Bipin Rawat took charge of the post that has the rank of a Four Star General with the salary and perks admissible to that of a Service Chief. So what exactly does the post entail? In this chat, Nitin A. Gokhale, Editor-in-Chief of StratNewsGlobal, gives you the details.
Nitin A. Gokhale
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- ‘Armed Conflict Across Taiwan Strait Inevitable; The Only Question Is When’
- Afghan Partners Call for Ceasefire, Expedited Peace Effort
- Corporations Throw Off ‘Brand Trump’ As Presidency Comes To An End
- Friendship Treaty Needs Tweaking, Says Nepalese Foreign Minister
- Wings For Make In India In Defence, More In Store