NEW DELHI: Of late, internal discussions in the Indian military about creation of theatre commands to bring in optimisation and synergy has spilled out in the public domain causing huge outrage and generating a lot of acrimonious debate amongst military veterans. What is the reality? Is India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen Bipin Rawat unfair in calling the Indian Air Force a support arm for ground forces? Is the IAF being obdurate in its approach? These questions are natural since change is never easy. And any hint of change in tradition-bound, conservative armed forces leads to instant push back. So what is the way forward. To answer these and some more questions, Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale is in conversation with three armed forces veterans who have had some experience in working in tri-service organisations at a higher defence management level in recent years.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff