NEW DELHI: Earlier this week, the Union Cabinet approved the construction of a tunnel which would provide year-round connectivity to areas close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh. The 4.1-km-long tunnel at Shinku La on the Nimu-Padum-Darcha road axis will cost nearly ₹1700 crore and is expected to be completed by December 2025. Once that happens, it will enable faster movement of troops and supplies to the frontlines. In this episode of ‘Simply Nitin’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale has more about how India is sprucing up its border infrastructure to counter any Chinese misadventure.
October 2, 2023
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives
- Dalai Lama, China And The Uncertain Road Ahead For Tibetans
- Xi Jinping’s ‘Organised Loyalty, Entrenched Military Corruption’ & China’s Posture On India Border
- ‘Xi Jinping Has Integrated The Party With The State’
- The China-U.S. New Cold War & Multipolarity: The Shifting Balance Of Power