NEW DELHI: From Xi Jinping’s point of view, he is well on the way to delivering on the commitments made to his people. So the 20th party congress would be an occasion to pat himself on the back. Atul Aneja editor of the online India narrative, who was the Beijing correspondent for The Hindu newspaper, believes that the congress would give Xi another opportunity to reiterate future goals, such as rejuvenation of the Chinese nation, a euphemism for retaking so-called lost territories like Taiwan and even Arunachal Pradesh. Speaking on The Gist, Aneja argues that Xi is hard for anybody to challenge at this point.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”