NEW DELHI: The Coronavirus appears to have passed its peak at least in China but is spreading in other parts of the world, especially Europe and the United States. In India, the number of cases has gone past 70 and can be expected to increase, says Lt. Gen. SL Narasimhan (Retd), member of the National Security Advisory Board, who also served in China as India’s military attaché. In a chat with Surya Gangadharan and Parul Chandra, Gen. Narasimhan says that all cases in India so far have been linked to people coming from abroad. There is no sign yet of community transmission but government agencies are on the alert and the armed forces and central police forces on standby. Advisories are being issued through all media including social media. This is a time, more than ever before, when people have to be responsible and act with maturity, says Gen. Narasimhan.
June 30, 2022
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff