NEW DELHI: The agreement between Indian and Chinese on disengaging from the Pangong Lake applies to the areas where the troops were in close proximity and even a slight provocation could have led to a flare-up. Discussions between both sides on other friction points such as Depsang will follow. In this chat with StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, former GoC of 14 Corps Lt Gen. Rakesh Sharma (Retd) and former Commanding Officer of Pangong Tso battalion Col. S. Dinny (Retd) discuss the way forward.
- Why China Is Playing Hardball In Ladakh
- Shia Cleric Ahead In Iraq Poll But Spoils Will Have To Be Shared
- India Pushes Ambitious Trade Deals, Correction Of ‘Historical Wrongs’
- ‘Indigenous 4G Technology Lays Ground For 5G, It’s Also Secure And Foolproof ‘
- China, Bhutan Deal To Speed Up Border Negotiations: The Back Story